Our Relationship with McDonald’s
RMHC founding mission partner since 1974
From the moment the first Ronald McDonald House opened in Philadelphia, PA, the entire McDonald’s system (owner/operators, suppliers, employees and customers) has helped us support families with sick children providing stability and vital resources.
McDonald’s support extends from monetary contributions and volunteerism, to cause related marketing promotions and the space to place RMHC Donation Boxes that raise money for RMHC Chapters around the world. McDonald’s has helped RMHC positively impact millions of children and their families, and continues to provide valuable resources and support to help us expand our core programs and services.
Although the McDonald’s system is our largest corporate partner, RMHC-NEO is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation and relies on the support of the entire community. We greatly value donations from the community and other corporate partners.
Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s Charity of Choice for more than 40 years. Portions of the annual operating costs for RMHC-NEO are graciously funded by McDonald’s and local McDonald’s Owner/Operators. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchisees partner with local RMHC Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/operators participate in local and global RMHC boards of directors.
- RMHC Donation Boxes located on the front counter and in the drive-thru of McDonald’s restaurants are the largest source of ongoing fundraising. McDonald’s Owner/Operators graciously allow RMHC to place these donation boxes in their restaurants which makes it easy for the community to support families in Northeast Ohio.
- In-restaurant sales of USA Today are all donated to RMHC-NEO.
- The sale of every Happy Meal and Mighty Kids Meal at your local McDonald’s benefits RMHC 365 days a year! Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no company can solely fund our programs and our projected growth. We need the support of the entire community and greatly value any support you can afford, whether it’s through cash donations, your time or fundraising efforts.
Click to make a donation to support our mission.